Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golden Moon Tea - Review

Finest Loose Leaf Tea

Golden Moon Tea was founded in 1993 with the belief that tea is so much more than just a healthy, refreshing, good tasting drink. We believe that, unlike other drinks, tea has a rich history and a total culture that includes serenity, a sense of well being and even a culture of tea preparation. Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse.

This is my third tea from Golden Moon Tea, and I've truly enjoyed each one I've reviewed. This month I was sent Rose Tea - Intoxicating and heady, our rose tea is a beautiful black tea sprinkled with rose petals. It delivers an exotic floral scent and a light, florid taste that is divine both hot or iced (from site).

The first thing I noticed when I opened this was how fantastic this tea smells - rich, like a strong black tea and with a heavy rose undertone. Next I noticed how pretty the tea was - black tea leaves were sprinkled with rose petals. As the sun was actually shining today (yay!) and the temp was above freezing (woohoo!), I made iced tea with this one, and it was fantastic! The tea was a gorgeous golden brown color, and kept it's wonderful aroma, though less strong than in the canister. It tasted wonderful, too - a nice, crisp tea with a slight floral undertone.

This tea smells so fantastic I made a sachet for my towel cabinet - I just poured a good amount of leaves into a coffee filter and tied securely with a piece of ribbon and tucked in back of the towels to keep them smelling fresh :)

You can see my review of Kashmiri Chai here.

Purchase: Golden Moon Teas can be purchased online. Shipping is a flat rate of $4.95 (FREE shipping with orders over $74.95). Not sure if you'll like a flavor? Sample sizes (one pot) are available at $0.99 each. You can also purchase a sample set if you want to try multiple flavors.

I received product(s) free to review - the opinion in this post is entirely my own.

3 comments:

  1. I <3 golden moon tea! I need to get my review of the rose kind up too.

    I wanted to say thanks for your comment about my puffy face. I think i'm going to try the benedryl thing, but if not just head into the doctor sometime soon.

    www.emmysboosandrawrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have an award I would like to pass along to you.
    http://goyay.blogspot.com/2010/03/prolific-blogger-award.html
    Thank you for the fantastic blogging!

    ReplyDelete