Thursday, February 25, 2010

Skinn Face in a Case - Review

(Dimitri James) Before starting Skinn Cosmetics, I worked for twenty years with the largest cosmetic houses in the world. I found myself constantly frustrated with the way they did business. Unfortunately, the big cosmetic companies never seem to care about making quality products that actually help the consumer. Their "formula" was always the same: make a cheap product, put it in a fancy jar with a nice box and charge as much as possible. After learning that I was never going to change how those big companies do business from within, I realized I needed to change the nature of the very industry in which they operate. (from website)

I had the chance to review Dimitri Jame's "Face in a Case", part of the Skinn Cosmetics Line. Everything every woman needs for a complete make-up application in one perfectly organized, portable, convenient, and elegant compact:

  • Blush - Universally flattering pink. Very light, sheer color, adds the perfect amount of color.
  • Translucent Powder - Two neutral shades, that can be used alone or blended together to create your perfect color. I love this powder! It's super silky, and blends to a flawless finish.
  • Concealer - Two shades to match a wide variety of skin tones. I love how well this covers, and how nicely it blends into my skin.
  • Eyeliner - Two gel liners, black and brown, that glide on easily and last for hours.
  • Eyeshadows - Twelve beautiful colors to choose from. This was my favorite part of the case - the colors ranged from soft neutral to vivid pops of color, and they're all colors I actually want to wear! Silky soft and smooth, these were super easy to brush on, and the color was easy to build up and blend.
  • Lip Color - 12 shades, from softest pink, to neutrals, to siren red. These glide on smoothly, and also wear well.
  • Lip Gloss - 2 colors, clear sparkly and a bright pink. I actually loved the pink, and hadn't thought I would. When you first see it, it's very vivid but glides on much lighter, and ends lots of shimmery shine. I love how these feel on!
The formulations in the Luxe Collection are all ant-aging, talc free treatment colors designed to create a beautiful face at any age. I quickly fell head over heels in love with this collection! "Face in a Case" is the perfect name for this collection, a couple of brushes, a tube of mascara (also availble in the Skinn Cosmetics Line), and you're covered for anything. I'm looking forward to traveling with this kit - no more overstuffed makeup bag, filled to overflowing with tons of products to make sure I have something for every occasion - I can easily create a light daytime look, smoky evening look and a bright, fun look from this one small case :)

Connect:

You can sign up for the Skinn Cosmetics newsletter for updates and savings.

Purchase:

Skinn offers its products only through televised home shopping, the internet and exclusive, privately owned spas throughout North America. This has allowed thrm to reach the maximum amount of people, while keeping overhead very low.

I received product(s) free to review, the opinion in this post is completely my own. Thank you Lisa Cocuzza PR/It's a Glam Thing for this wonderful opportunity!


1 comment:

  1. I love makeup.. I would like to try this product..

    ReplyDelete