Monday, April 5, 2010

Golden Moon Tea - Review

Finest Loose Leaf Tea

Golden Moon Tea was founded in 1993 with the belief that tea is so much more than just a healthy, refreshing, good tasting drink. We believe that, unlike other drinks, tea has a rich history and a total culture that includes serenity, a sense of well being and even a culture of tea preparation. Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse.

This is my fourth tea from Golden Moon Tea, and I've truly enjoyed each one I've reviewed. This month I was sent Sinharaja - rich, dark loose leaf tea leaves that are nourished by fertile rain forest streams in the hills of Ceylon. It has a toasty, molasses-like character with ripe berry notes and a caramelized finish. Serve with a touch of raw sugar and cream for a taste that is smooth, full-bodied and warming (from website).

Sinharaja is my favorite of the ones I've tried so far, rich, smooth, perfect warm with cream and a bit of sugar. The tea is perfect - no little crumblies, just perfectly dried tea leaves that brew perfectly :) I love this one in the evening, preferably with a good book.

You can see my review of Kashmiri Chai here.

You can see my review of Rose tea here.

Purchase: Golden Moon Teas can be purchased online. Shipping is a flat rate of $4.95 (FREE shipping with orders over $74.95). Not sure if you'll like a flavor? Sample sizes (one pot) are available at $0.99 each. You can also purchase a sample set if you want to try multiple flavors.

I received product(s) free to review - the opinion in this post is entirely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment