Wednesday, May 19, 2010

IPad Review is a scam :(

The email for btincgroup.com is a scam. I have gotten this email today. If you fell for it you need to change your email password ASAP! This is what the email looks like:

Hello B S,

Your contact Leslie invites you to participate in an iPad review program.
Marketing research companies are looking for individuals who are interested in reviewing the new Apple iPad. The testing period lasts one month, after which reviewers can keep the device as a reward.
To see more details or to register to our program, follow the link below:

http://www.btincgroup.com

Thanks,

The Beta Testing Inc Group
___
This message was intended for jeweledfantasy@gmail.com, and was sent on behalf of Leslie

No one will be reviewing an iPad. All they want is access to your email and password. The requirements to sign up is to share it with your friends. In order to do so, you need to login to your email account. That’s when they spam all your friends and jack you for your email account.

PLEASE DON’T SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!

You can read more about it here.

5 comments:

  1. I got several invites..but once they wanted my email and password...I knew something was up! Thanks for passing this info along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this e-mail as well, usually if it sounds too good to be true, well, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They seem to have emailed every blogger out there! It gets so frustrating that someone(s) has nothing better to do than transmit computer viruses!

    Has anyone ever gotten the "We featured you on our website, could you please add this button to your blog" emails? I've gotten a lot of those in the last couple weeks, and have stumbled on a lot of posts saying those are scams, and that if you add the HTML code to your blog it messes your blog up big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this. I just received this email, and immediately googled to see what the deal was. Glad I did before clicking on any links or entering any info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this email today. I am glad I read this first. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete